Rising prices in Markham are nothing new, in fact, it can sound a bit repetitive. However, the market is EXTREMELY HOT at the moment and sellers are truly benefiting right now. Market conditions are very tight as total sales are way up, just over 20% while new listings have increase by less than half that rate (7.9%). As a result, buyer competition remains quite high and many listings are being sold in multiple offers.
Check out the infographic below for the latest real estate statistics in Markham during April 2015.
Markham Real Estate Sold Statistics During April 2015
- The average sale price in April was $791,165. Up 15.7% over the same month last year.
- The average sale price to date this year is $777,332. Up 14.2% over last year.
- The average time it took for a house to sell was 14 days compared to 15 days the month prior and 16 days last April.
- There were 633 total sales last month. Up 20.1% over the same period last year.
- So far this year, we have seen 1585 sales. That’s up 9.7% over the same timeframe from last year.
- There were 951 new listings last month. That’s an increase of 7.9% and a sale to new listing ratio of 66.6%
- The month prior, the sale to new listing ratio was 67%
- So far this year, new listings are up 7.6% over the same timeframe from last year.
- The average sold price for detached homes last month was $1,056,078 with 297 homes sold.
- The average sold price for semi-detached homes last month was $662,320 with 48 homes sold.
- The average sold price for townhomes last month was $658,955 with 86 homes sold.
- The average sold price for condo apartments last month was $356,238 with 102 units sold.