Planning to buy or sell a home in Markham? Check out the latest housing stats for December 2014.
Markham Real Estate Sold Statistics During December 2014
- The average sale price in December was $698,882. Up 14.8% over the same period last year.
- The average sale price in Markham in 2014 $707,945. Up 12.3% over 2013.
- The average time it took for a house to sell was 31 days compared to 25 days last month and 28 days last December.
- There were 214 total sales last month. Down 1.9% over the same period last year.
- In 2014, there were 4723 total sales in Markham. That’s up 3.2% over 2013.
- There were 224 new listings last month. That’s an increase of 15.4% and a sale to new listing ratio of 95.5%
- Last month, the sale to new listing ratio was 76.6%
- In 2014, new listings were down 5.1% over 2013.
- The average sold price for detached homes last month was $988,060.
- The average sold price for semi-detached homes last month was $651,792.
- The average sold price for townhomes last month was $649,761.
- The average sold price for condo apartments last month was $343,889.
The Markham housing market had a great year in 2014 with double digit price increases and an exceptional amount of total sales. Total inventory remained fairly low throughout the year and until this changes, I expect prices and sales to continue the trend in 2015. If you’re planning to make a move in the near future and would like to discuss your situation, please contact me anytime.