The spring market in Markham is off to a strong start. Once again, we are seeing record prices with the average house selling for nearly $800,000 and up nearly 15% compared to March of last year. Total sales are also trending upward and while the number of available listings are also up, the total available inventory is still fairly low and many buyers are struggling to find a good match. As a result, multiple offers have been resurfacing everywhere and sale prices have been reflecting this.
If you’ve been thinking about selling your home, sooner is better right now as buyers don’t have much to choose from.
Check out the latest housing stats from March, 2015.
Markham Real Estate Sold Statistics During March 2015
- The average sale price in March was $797,734. Up 14.6% over the same month last year.
- The average sale price to date this year is $768,230. Up 8.5% over last year.
- The average time it took for a house to sell was 15 days compared to 21 days the month prior and 17 days last March.
- There were 462 total sales last month. Up 7.4% over the same period last year.
- So far this year, we have seen 953 sales. That’s up 3.5% over the same timeframe from last year.
- There were 841 new listings last month. That’s an increase of 10.7% and a sale to new listing ratio of 67%
- The month prior, the sale to new listing ratio was 61.6%
- So far this year, new listings are up 7.3% over the same timeframe from last year.
- The average sold price for detached homes last month was $1,013,713 with 248 homes sold.
- The average sold price for semi-detached homes last month was $655,242 with 35 homes sold.
- The average sold price for townhomes last month was $620,338 with 49 homes sold.
- The average sold price for condo apartments last month was $371,900 with 64 units sold.