While average house prices in Markham have remained high, the real estate market in Markham seemed to have showed signs of a slow down in September. New listings were up considerably, 23.7% over last year while total sales were down 5.5%. That’s a sale to new listing ratio of just 43.1% as compared to 65.3% in August. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues throughout the rest of the year as conditions currently favour a buyer’s market.
If you’ve been planning on buying a home in the near future, right now is a great time!
Check out the latest housing stats for markham from September 2015.
Markham Real Estate Sold Statistics During September 2015
- The average sale price in September was $825,133. Up 19.4% over the same month last year.
- The average sale price to date this year is $801,335. Up 14.4% over last year.
- The average time it took for a house to sell was 19 days compared to 20 days the month prior and 23 days last September.
- There were 393 total sales last month. Down 5.5% over the same period last year.
- So far this year, we have seen 4237 sales. That’s down 12% over the same timeframe from last year.
- There were 912 new listings last month. That’s an increase of 23.7% and a sale to new listing ratio of 43.1%
- The month prior, the sale to new listing ratio was 65.3%
- So far this year, new listings are up 23.7% over the same timeframe from last year.
- The average sold price for detached homes last month was $1,114,035 with 190 homes sold.
- The average sold price for semi-detached homes last month was $686,847 with 19 homes sold.
- The average sold price for townhomes last month was $655,272 with 52 homes sold.
- The average sold price for condo apartments last month was $339,130 with 66 units sold.